We're not the only people taking a nature break, so keep these things in mind while on the trail.
- Be friendly and courteous.
- Share the trail nicely. Walk on the right. Pass on the left. Warn people when you are planning to pass.
- Stay on the trail. Creating your own trail or cutting switchbacks creates erosion and damages habitat.
- Downhill traffic should yield to uphill traffic. When in doubt, give the other user the right of way.
- Leave no trace. Pack out your litter and any you find left by others. Practice the old Scout policy of leaving the area cleaner than you found it
- We're the visitors in our little buddies' forest home. Don't disturb the animals, even the ones you don't find personally appealing - spiders, snakes, skunks, and so on. Ticks are fair game, though.